Try Django 1.10 | Create a URL Shortening Service Udemy Course
- Grit & Perseverance
- Python/Django installed (we show you how; see setup video which is free)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Basic knowledge of Python (like our 30 Days of Python) a plus
Try Django 1.10 is an introduction to Django version 1.10 by creating a simple, yet robust, URL Shortening Service. This series covers a variety of Django basics as well as Django 1.10 specific material.
Generally the topics will include:
– How we made the Kirr url shortening service
– Django Project Setup
– Class Based Views (& some Function Based Views)
– Models, Model Forms, Forms, Form Validation
– Overriding Model Save Method
– Launching on a Live Server (via Heroku)
– Custom Validation directly on Django Fields
– And More
What Technology you’ll learn in the Build a Try Django 1.10 URL Shortening series:
— Django Framework (version 1.10): a powerful backend framework used by top sites like Instagram and Pinterest. Django makes it easier to have a powerful web application to use for all types of projects. Django is written in Python (and is one of the most popular Python libraries in the world).
— Bootstrap (version 3.3): a powerful front-end framework used by thousands of sites around the world. Bootstrap makes it easier to have a responsive web application so it looks awesome on any mobile device and any desktop computer.
— Python 3: One of the top programming languages in the world. Powerful enough for the experts, easy enough for beginners. Why? It uses spaces and line breaks with minimal special characters (like !@#$;*) which means it’s closer to English than most programming languages.
All of our tutorials have a simple goal in mind: get you building something real and quickly through step-by-step training.
Course Name: Try Django 1.10 | Create a URL Shortening Service
From: Udemy | Author: Justin Mitchel
Ratings: 4.5 (99 ratings) | Students Enrolled: 13,184
Audio: English | E-Learning | Skill level: All Levels
Benefits of Doing this Course:-
- Django Basics & Django version 1.10
- Build a URL Shortening Service Identical to http://kirr.co (as of 10-22-2016)
- Django Models, Managers, and Save Methods
- Generating Random Shortcodes
- Launching a live project (on Heroku.com)
- Bootstrap Integration
- Template Inheritance
- Django-hosts (for controlling subdomains)
- Setup a Domain name to your hosting server
- Much more!
Content Source: https://www.udemy.com/try-django-1-10/
Hope you like the course. Share it with your friends too.
Suggest us more courses that you like. Comment in the comment box below. We will try to post it for you as soon as possible.
If the links are not working then comment in the comment box we will try to fix it as soon as possible.